Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cooper's 1st Day of School

As with Kamdyn, we had to read "The Night Before Kindergarten" to Cooper before bedtime.  I forgot to buy Coop his own book so we could write a note to him in it, but luckily he didn't realize we were reading Kam's.  He will have his own soon!
Kamdyn was dying to read to him and he finally consented to her reading "Kindergarten Rocks" to him.
This boy normally pops out of bed but he was a little slower to rise this morning...notice he goes to bed in his bed and wakes up in mine!
Breakfast of champions before the big day....
My big kindergartener!  Where has the time gone?
Backpack ready to go...
Surprisingly cooperative for the pictures.....isn't he a handsome kindergartener?
Silly...
Back to serious... well, sorta.
Cooper and Mark...
Posing with Sissy....notice they aren't too close together.  I had to coax him on over her way.
More silly faces...
 Trying to stay away from her and stay serious...
This little boy is really not so little in size... he's almost as big as me, but he will always be my little boy!
I think from this pose you can tell that Mark's getting a little tired of all the pictures... 

First day pic with both my babies...
Kamdyn's first day of second grade and Cooper's first day of kindergarten...
Pulling up to school...still has that same smile on his face!
Walking in with Daddy... sometimes I think I miss participating in moments because of my camera!
Heading to Ms. Mac's room...
When I asked Cooper to get one last picture, he ran to Mark.  My heart stopped for just a moment thinking that he was going to cling and not want us to leave....but he hugged us both quickly and was ready to head to the playground with Ms. Mac.  His buddy was waiting there for him...but I didn't get my picture!
After visiting with several other parents, Mark and I decided to be playground stalkers and watch for a while as they lined up to go inside.  He looked fine to me which made it much easier to leave.    
He went to Aunt Donna's after school (for some reason they didn't want me to pick them up!) and had a great first day!  He didn't get in trouble and wanted to go back the next day so I call that a  success!
This girl did too, even though you couldn't tell it from looking at her here.
Talking to Pop about his first day of kindergarten...
I love Cooper's teacher who texted me about noon and said, "doing good, Momma!"  I was dying to know how he was making it and I really appreciate her thinking of me.  Later that afternoon, she sent me this picture of him...
Melted my heart!  I'm so grateful to Ms. Mac for making his first day (and mine!) an awesome one!  I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: