Thursday, May 27, 2010

Zoo

We took the kids on our annual trip to the zoo last weekend. Our intention was to go before it got too hot, but we were a little late on that. It was scorching! Is it really just May because it feels like July already!

Here we are checking out the fish at the new waterfall area...

Cooper did not want us to take the stroller because he said he was too big for it but he was in the thing before we ever even made it to the zoo entrance. He only got out (or stood up on it) to see the animals better. Otherwise, he rode the whole time!
I like this picture....
Riding the train....
We ran in to Brian and his kids and, of course, Cooper had to play with Campbell. That boy loves him some Campbell Grace! She was sleeping soundly until Coop started messing with her.
Kamdyn had to have an icee and she just loves it when her mouth turns colors. Her mouth was completely blue the rest of the day!
Enjoying the shade and an icee....
Kamdyn loves animals and, of course, she had to pet the donkeys. Eeewhhhh!
Me and Coopie on the train.... I love this little boy so much!
I left my cell phone on the train and didn't realize it until we were nearly to the car so I had to walk all the way back in and down to the train. I didn't think I was going to make it. Mark and I both commented this zoo trip took a lot out of us... are we going to survive the summer heat?

Kamdyn made it nearly to the car and just stopped and said, "I"m done, Daddy! I can't walk anymore!" We went to Macaroni Grill afterwards and I made her go to the bathroom to wash her hands (remember she was petting the donkey) and she threw the biggest fit. She literally slumped over to the ground in the middle of the restaurant and said, "I can't walk anymore, Mommy!"

She was so mad the entire time we were there. She reminded us that Cooper rode in the stroller the whole time and didn't share, which is true! She finally ended up telling me that the only thing that would make her feel better was a new pair of flip flops! A girl after my own heart!!! We dropped the boys off at Best Buy and went shoe shopping and then went back to get them, where we learned that Mark had bought a new TV for our bedroom. Not just any TV, but a 46" -- for the bedroom. I'm still not over that.... it's WAY.TOO.BIG. Kam calls it our home theater!!

No comments: