Monday, June 14, 2010

Little Miss Social

I've spent the last two weekends running Kamdyn around to parties. Last Saturday morning, we went to EG's "splash bash" and Kam had a blast with her friends.
We have been so blessed with good friends from Mae's and I am going to miss them so much when she starts kindergarten in August.
After EG's party, we went home to change and head to Hot Springs for Jaxon's party at Play-by-Play. I had errands to run before and I think I was really pushing it with the kids... they were ready to play and not really into any shopping. They are very vocal now and say what's on their minds so it can sometimes be a little embarrassing when they shout, "ahhh... you said this was the last store. You lied to us!"

This weekend, Kam spent the night with our neighbor. It was her first non-relative sleepover and I think she did pretty good. Although, I think she used the "I'm the guest you have to do what I want" line a couple of times. The girls stayed up until about 12:30 and were up at 6:30 a.m. They knocked on our door at 8:30 to get a swimsuit so they could play on the waterslide. Are you kidding me?

She came home at 10:45 so we could go to her friend Dane's swimming party. She and D started at Mae's together and all the girls love him. He was having his t-ball party at his house and he wanted Kam to come since she played t-ball too. They didn't play on the same team, but it was so cute that he invited her.

We had a really good time at the party. Although Mark didn't go prepared to swim, he ended up in the pool with the kids. At one point, D hurt his foot and Kamdyn kept asking him if he was ok. His dad told me Kam was so worried about him. Finally, he told her, "don't worry Kam; his foot will be ok to take you to the prom!" So cute!

I think our parties are over for now but we have still stayed busy. I told Mark the kids and I were going to play all summer and I meant it! I love this time of year!

No comments: