Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's Been Going On!

We have finally settled in to a routine with school and work.  The kids both love school!  The first two weeks; however, Cooper was a holy terror in the evenings!  We attributed it to all the changes he was experiencing and I'm just thankful that he wants to go every morning.  I'm sure the fact that he isn't taking a 2-hour nap every day had something to do with it as well.  He has done well in school, according to his teacher, and has only had to pull a warning ticket twice, for throwing rocks on the playground.  I've been assured that he is not the only child doing this and hopefully, it's under control now.  
A few weeks ago, he was king for the day.....one of the things he got to do was play on the computer while all the kids drew pictures of him.  He then got to bring the pictures home in a book and it was really fun to look at all the kids drawings.  This is a new face he is making for pictures now and mom thinks it makes him look shy...
Kamdyn has become a big time animal lover and I'm wondering if I should be calling her "Ellie Mae" now.  A few weeks ago, I picked her up at Aunt Donna's and had to bring home this turtle that they had found outside. 
She had even decorated the box and named the turtle "Baxter."  I'm not a big animal person so there was no way that turtle was going in my house.  We finally talked her into releasing the turtle in our neighbors yard before we went to the football game that night. 
My friend sent me this picture of Kam catching tadpoles at her pond.  She says she wants to be a vet when she grows up and I'm really starting to believe her!
And, because I'm so behind on blogging, here's a few more pics that are totally unrelated to anything I've been talking about here.  This is Cooper (again with that shy smile), Campbell, and Braxton before the panther game a few weeks ago.  Pretty cute fans, in my opinion!
One of the kids in Cooper's class got glasses and his teacher had a pair of glasses (minus the lenses) for each kid to wear on his first day to wear them.  What a great idea! 
Hoping to catch up on posting some pics from the summer.... hang with me!

No comments: