Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spirit Week

Last week was homecoming at school so the kids dressed up each day for spirit week.  As you would expect, Kamdyn was all into it.  Cooper pretty much refused to let me take his picture each day, although he seemed happy to dress up.

Monday was "Hollywood Day"..... Kam told her teacher that she was dressed up as Nicki Minaj, which I totally don't get, but whatever she wants to tell herself is fine with me!  Most of the boys wore spiked hair and sunglasses. 
Tuesday was "Camo Day"....
As I mentioned, Cooper was so not into the picture taking...
But he finally cooperated.  I'm pretty sure I threatened him with no TV, which seems to work these days considering he is obsessed with watching baseball constantly!
 Yes, we live in the country but would you believe that we had to go buy a camouflage shirt?

Thursday was "Western Day".... As you can tell, my little cowgirl doesn't look too happy in this picture.  We tried on the whole outfit the night before to avoid drama and even agreed on the braided hair.  However, Kam seemed to think I was french-braiding her hair instead of the agreed upon pig-tail braids....even though I stopped and restarted three times to prove to her I was keeping my part of the bargain.  I'm not even going to go into the ridiculous fit this girl threw all morning long!  Cooper wore jeans, cowboy boots, and a t-shirt and we decided he was dressed more "redneck" than cowboy!
Thursday was "Favorite Team Day".... Cooper was especially excited about this day because he wanted to wear his St. Louis Cardinals shirt.  It happened to be dirty and we tried to talk him into wearing a Yankees or Razorback shirt and his reply was, "but it's favorite team day!"  So, of course, I let him wear the dirty Cardinals shirt.  Hopefully, no one noticed!
Friday was "Blue/White Day".... Cooper wore his first Bismarck Lions shirt and enjoyed his first pep rally.  He wasn't too thrilled about going when we were telling him about it, but I think he had a great time! 

No comments: