Friday, October 5, 2012

The President

My department has a meeting with our new president on Friday and at dinner last night, I asked Mark to take the kids to school so I wouldn't be late.  Kam's ears perked up and said, "the president is coming to our house?"  I told her I was talking about the president of Henderson, not the United States, and he was coming to my office and not my house.  She told me this morning that I probably needed to get there early to "tidy up" (except she pronounced it "tiddy up").

That conversation, coupled with the fact that we pray for our country, the upcoming election, and Godly leaders, I guess is what prompted Cooper to say this on the way to school this morning.  

"Our president is dumb.  He doesn't president very well.  If I saw him I would say, boo!" (big emphasis on the boo!).

Out of the mouths of babes..... I'm sure his Dad, the closet politician, is so proud!  For the record though, he denies saying the dumb part and dumb is actually a bad word at our house.  However, I'm pretty sure I didn't correct him on this!
 

1 comment:

harris1013 said...

Tell Coop that he is a Towell!!! And don't get on to him for saying dumb only when referring to Obama! :)