Thursday, January 22, 2009

Birthday Season Has Begun



We call it "birthday season" in our family. The parties start in January and literally go 1-2 weekends a month until May before taking a few summer months off and resuming again in August. We have 13 (if I'm counting correctly) great-grandkids in our family! I think 5 of them were born in the same year... it's a joke in our family.

When I was pregnant with Kamdyn, my Papaw asked me just to name her something that he could remember. I think he suggested "Jessica." When we are all together, I honestly get my own kids' names confused. The little "greats" consist of: Kenzie, Kylie, Kamdyn, Kamryn, Canon,Cooper, Braden, Aiden, Avery, Bricen,and Braxton. Say that out loud and see how confused you could get! I joked that Brooke and JJ chose names that didn't rhyme, but I think they started their own pattern!! Honestly, none of that was ever planned...

Anyway, Canon's party was a few weeks ago at the bowling alley. The kids had a great time! Braxton's first birthday party is next weekend, followed by Bricen's the following weekend. In all honesty, we love this.... we are making memories and love the fact that our kids are able to have close relationships with their cousins. What a blessing!





No comments: