Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cubbies and Hide n' Seek

It's been a relatively uneventful week. We had AWANA last night at church, which always wears me out. Mark had to work late so I took the kids to McDonald's to eat and then on to church for me to eat. My kids won't sit still long enough to eat there and I spend the whole time running around chasing them (which is why I'm always tired afterwards!).

I always love to hear what the 4-year old Cubbies have to say. We talked about how God wants us to love our neighbor.... when asked how we can show love to others one little girl said, "you can sugar them and hug them." So cute!! When one little boy said he didn't love me, Kamdyn looked at me and said, "that's ok Mommy, I love you anway!" It was priceless and made my Kamdyn's quotes list to the left.

Later that night, I let Kamdyn get in bed with me since Mark wasn't home. I muted the TV (yes, I know it shouldn't have been on to begin with) so we could say our prayers and talk about what we learned at AWANA. After a few questions, Kamdyn looked at me and said, "Mommy, when you quit talking can you turn the TV back up?" So much for pillowtalk!!!

If you've been around Cooper, you know he's a man of few words, or sentences, I should say. He babbles all the time and will repeat anything you say, but rarely does he put words together in a short sentence. So I was so surprised when he crossed his arms in front of him and proclaimed, "not fair!" in response to Kamdyn getting pancakes for dinner and him getting manicotti earlier this week. We've heard that phrase a few more times in our house this week since then....

Here's a not-so-good picture I snapped of Cooper "finding me" in the closet while playing hide and seek. We've played a lot of that this week. Kamdyn hides in the same place every time--her closet..... when Cooper and I walked in her room to find her I said, "I wonder if she's under the bed" and I heard a giggley "No" come from the closet. Even Cooper figured that one out!

1 comment:

harris1013 said...

GOOD POST! I LOVE THAT KAMDYN ASKED YOU TO TURN UP THE SOUND ON THE TV WHEN YOU WERE DONW...LOL!!! IS SHE ALREADY 16?