Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kam's Last Day of Kindergarten

Last Thursday was Kam's last day of kindergarten.  Technically, it was supposed to be Friday, but I'm a bad parent and let her skip.  She was so excited and I was a little sad because she's growing up so fast.  I made her slow down before she left so I could take a few pictures to remember...
Here she is on her first day of school nine short months ago and then on her last day.  I think she looks so much more mature in the second picture.  sniff.  sniff. 
Kindergarten was a great experience for Kam and she had a fabulous year!  We could not have asked for a better teacher than Mrs. Mac.  She encouraged and nurtured Kam's love of reading and Kam loved going to the library and actually checking out books to bring home.  Most of the time she had already read them by the time I came home.  She is really excited to officially be a first-grader now and is looking forward to homework next year, which is more than I can say.  I dread homework.  Ugh!
It was a year of change for all of us.  I've taken the kids to preschool every day for three years.  This year, Mark began taking Kam to school every day and I took Cooper.  Mark thoroughly enjoyed (for the most part) the time he had with Kam every morning and it was nice for me to have some one on one time with Cooper as well.  

I think it was the first week of school when Kam came home and told us she had a boyfriend.  We were shocked because she went to three years of preschool with boys and never once called one of them her boyfriend.  In two weeks of kindergarten, she had already had two different boyfriends!  She told us just a few weeks ago that she broke up with her boyfriend Landon, because her Uncle Steve told her to.  We asked her what Landon said and she replied, "he said he didn't care."  You go, Landon.  Good answer.
 
Some highlights of the year:  being selected Homecoming Princess, riding with Daddy to school every day, powder puff football game, riding school bus for the first time, first field trip, and making lots of new friends.  I'm sure there are more.  


Did I mention that Kam also picked up a little attitude in kindergarten this year?  I think I'll just skip right over that part of the year! 

No comments: