Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mamaw's 80th Birthday

Mamaw's 80th birthday was on July 3, but we weren't able to have her party until last Saturday.  We all went to Jodie's for a day of food, fun, and fellowship at the pool.  
The kids were excited to help Mamaw blow the candles out on the cake so they could dig in!  This pool was pretty crowded when we all got in.  Mark threw the kiddos up in the air about a hundred times and I just knew he wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning.  Braxton won the prize for best aerial flip, by the way!  It's a good thing JJ didn't see it!
It's not the greatest pic, but I had to put a picture of Papaw on here.  He and Mamaw sat under the tent with the misting fans all day.  I think they were very cool!
We had barbecue, beans, and the best baked potato salad ever!  Yummy!  I think I gained 5 pounds that day because I ate so much!
The men hanging out...
The littlest of the Efird clan - Campbell, Kason, and Grace.... I heard someone say it's time for someone to have another one soon! 
It began lightning and we had to make the kids get out of the pool.  We kept telling them it would blow over, but it didn't... they still had a great time although I'm not sure if Jodie's house and kitty will ever be the same!
I say it all the time, but my family is so blessed!!!  I never want to take that for granted!  Now we're looking forward to Timber Lodge in two weeks! Can't wait!!!

No comments: