Friday, March 16, 2012

Lunch With My Girl

I had lunch with Kamdyn and her friend, Kaylie, today at school.  She has begged me for two weeks to come eat with her and I've had work conflicts up until today.   She tells me at least once a week that I embarrass her, so I asked her why she wanted me to come eat with her if I was going to embarrass her.  Of course, she went on and on about how me eating with her wouldn't embarrass her....I tell her all the time that she really doesn't understand how bad I could really embarrass her if I wanted to! 
As I was walking across the parking lot to join her, I saw her jumping up and down when she realized it was me.  She even threw her hands up in the air.  I'm not sure if she thought I would forget or what but, regardless, it made my day to see her so excited.
I brought her Sonic and sat and listened to her and Kaylie jabber the whole time.  I always enjoy going to eat with her and watching all the kiddos.  I had several from church run to our table to give me hugs, which is always sweet!
After lunch, Kam insisted that her teacher needed to talk to me and that I had to go to the classroom before I left.  Of course, she wasn't there but I was able to check out all her St. Patrick's goodies from their parade earlier that morning.  I think everyone is already in spring break mode--we are excited and looking forward to some fun and time off next week!

No comments: