Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tooth Fairy Return

Back in November, Kamdyn lost another tooth.  She's lost so many in the last few months that I can't keep up with it.  Now that she's getting so many permanent teeth, her appearance has changed and she's looking more grown up.  But I digress...

This particular night she told Mark and I that she was going to put her tooth under the pillow and she hoped for $5 or $20 from the tooth fairy.  Mark and I both told her not to hold her breath on a $20 bill!  Needless to say, she was very disappointed the next morning when she only found $1 under her pillow.  Trust me when I say she let us know about it too! 

So the next day this is what I find in a baggie under her pillow...
In case you can't read it, it says:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I would like to trade my tooth back because my cousin Braden said he got $5 and $20.

Your Funky Friend,
Kamdyn

You've got to be kidding me!  Really?  I think I told her that Braden must have a different tooth fairy because of where he lives. Then, of course, Mark and I had to give her the speech about being grateful for what you get...I mean, we wouldn't be good parents if we didn't!  Right?  And then I'm pretty sure that we told her that some kids didn't even get a whole $1... I'm fairly certain that got us a big eye roll!  


I can't tell what she wrote under her name and I must have blocked it from my memory because for the life of me, I don't know what it says. 

As my friend likes to say, "that girl won't do!" 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Svetka, the child looses tooth is required to pay $1. That is $1 for every tooth lost over lifetime. Be happy for $1 from Tooths Fairy. Our Tooths fairy carries a weighted pool noodle for those who don't pay.