Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

The two reasons I love being a mommy:

Kamdyn
Cooper
The loves of my life.... Aren't they cute???? What did I ever do before I had them? I've often said that being a mom is the greatest hardest thing that I've ever done... and my kids are still toddlers! Well, technically, Kam is a preschooler and Cooper is getting close, but I can't imagine the things I will face with them when they actually get in school. Preschool has been hard enough on me!

But I've had a great example to learn from... my mom, my best friend. I know it sounds cliche, but if I can be half the mom to my kids that she's been to me, I'll be doing good. I really mean that. It seems like the older I get, the more I need my mom. I'm not sure it's supposed to be like that, but that's the way it's been for me. And now that I'm a mom, I really appreciate my mom and the sacrifices that she makes for me.

At least two times last week, I had to call her to go get my kids because I had appointments or ran late. I don't know what I'd do without her! And it goes way beyond that... It's been a pretty difficult year for me personally and my mom has never left my side. She has pushed me and believed in me when I didn't have the courage to do so myself. I know that she faithfully prays for me and for that, I am eternally grateful. She not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. She consistently models service to her Lord and her church and I've often said that it's hard to follow in her footsteps. But I'd like to try...

Yes, I have a great mother, but my kids have an even better Mimi... she makes no bones about spoiling the kids rotten. I've tried to tell her that sometimes she makes things a little difficult for Mark and I when the kids get things with her and not with us. She doesn't care though... it's her job, she says!! This is why every day when I pick Kamdyn up she asks me for a treat...

Mimi and Kamdyn outside of Lambert's.

Mimi chasing Cooper down...she's not afraid to get dirty with them!

Mimi holding kids, cameras, purses, diaper bags...

I could go on and on about my mom and how blessed I am. Mom has often said that she would take a houseful of boys over girls any day of the week. I'm not sure that speaks well of me... I admit that I've needed a little more hand-holding in life than Brian. I think God knew exactly the kind of mom I needed and he blessed me with her. I only hope that she knows how much I love and appreciate her!

I'll post some pics of my gifts from Kam tomorrow... she's made this week really special for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I can verify that your mom is really a jewel. This blog is the best gift any daughter could give a mother.

cd

Mitzi said...

Rob,
I'm going to have to ask you that from now on any such posts come with a forwarned "Tissue Alert"!! You can't let people (me) just nonchalantly go into these kinds of posts!!
love!

cindy said...

Robyn, "I" appreciate this blog of your relationship with your Mother. She has certainly been a blessing in my life!

Sherri Smith said...

First of all, yeah, I was tearing up just reading this! What a great way to honor your mom, Rob. Your mom is such a blessing to so many people. She certainly has blessed my life immensely and serves as a Godly example to me!! Love you both!