Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day, Part 2

As promised, I wanted to post the surprise that was waiting for me at Mrs. Mae's on Friday for Mother's Day. It was so sweet. There was a huge banner that said "Happy Mother's Day" and each mom had these goodies waiting for them. Kamdyn had been hinting about what they were up to all week long and I loved the hype. We had fun with it all week long.

One night last week, she let it slip that she had made a necklace for me and I told her that she didn't need to spoil the surprise. So then she asks me if I will make her a necklace with beads for Sister's Day. I tried to explain that there isn't such a holiday and she wouldn't go for it. I think she may be on to something though... and she hasn't let it go so we may have to do something special for her since she's such a good sister!

I just love it when she brings home things like this. I can just imagine looking back on these one day and treasuring the memories.
This is Kam's portrait of me. I thought it was a turkey at first, but I think I now see the resemblance. I love it!

And the rest of this post is random pictures for the benefit of someone who misses seeing the kids right now. I had to take this picture to prove that we actually left for school and work early yesterday. It didn't happen today though so my glory is short-lived.
A little early morning chase before we got in the car. Aren't all my pictures of Cooper chasing Kam?
Kam and all her stuff.... the girl cannot even make it out the door without a snack and either a book or Barbie. I've finally talked her into leaving her sleep stuff at school so we don't have to carry it every day. We need more hands!
Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: