Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I have absolutely no pictures to post as I keep forgetting to bring my camera home from work with me. Nevertheless, we had a fun Memorial Day weekend. I was off on Friday so we started our weekend early. The kids and I spent all morning picking up so we could have our house cleaned on Friday afternoon. Isn't that pathetic that I have to spend 3 hours picking up to get cleaned up??

We went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries and let the kids pick out a toy.... we exchanged some duplicate gifts they had gotten so it was about time for them to pick out something new. Cooper ended up with nothing because you can only have so many cars... and he never screamed for any of them so I decided to hold out til we found something different. Kam wanted Barbie makeup only to change her mind and decide on a new Cinderella dress... so we found a cheap makeup kit to go with the dress.... then only to change her mind and end up with a Cars game for her Leapster! I asked her 5 times if she was sure about that decision (those of you who know me well know that I'm not exaggerating on this!). She plays with her Cars game on the way home and then asks me as soon as we get home if she can go back for the Cinderella dress! I knew that would happen!

Saturday was what I call a perfect day.... the kids slept in, we ate breakfast, and then went to Magic Springs to ride some rides. It was a toss-up between MS and the zoo (Cooper's choice) and MS won out. I couldn't even stand the thought of getting into a bathing suit yet so we skipped the water park. Must work on tan so we can go soon because it's getting hot. It's too late to get skinny and my motto has always been that fat looks better tan.

After Magic Springs, we headed to Outback for dinner. The cheese fries (tops on my "last food" list) were to die for! The kids were well behaved and we made it out of there with only one minor spill. What more could I ask for?

I did a little shopping with Mom and JJ yesterday while the kids stayed with Mark. Kam tells me that he watched TV all day, but he says they played. I do know they watched "Madagascar 2" at least 3 times this weekend. They are obsessed with that movie right now and so is Mark. I can't even stay awake to see the whole thing one time through. I am old.

We grilled ribs and had dinner with the fam last night. Do you see a pattern to our weekend? I think my family are gluttons. All activities are planned around meals! That could explain the extra 5 pounds I have gained this last month.

And on another note... I don't think that I've posted that our family will have 3 more additions before the year is out. Yes, the Efirds are pregnant again. We are keeping Dr. G in business!! Derek and Holly will have baby girl in September (don't quote me on that date), Brooke is expecting again (surprise!), and Brian and JJ are expecting on December 26th. What a fun Christmas this will be. My papaw has recently started referring to the great-grandkids by numbers... these 3 new ones will make 16 if I'm not mistaken. I don't care how many more we have as long as they don't come from me!

Will try to take some pictures soon because these posts are just no fun without them!

No comments: