Friday, March 19, 2010

Bedtime Conversations

I have discovered that bedtime is when I have the most meaningful conversations with my kids. Bedtime prayers and devotionals sometimes prompt a lot of spiritual questions from Kamdyn and I must admit that sometimes I'm fearful I don't have the right answers.... or convey them to her in a way her little mind can understand. I hope we will always have these moments to talk about spiritual matters.
Last night she asked me where Jesus lived. Of course, I said heaven, but then I added "he lives in your heart" to which Kamdyn replied, "well his feet sure are hurting my chest!"

I don't think I have to tell you that Kamdyn is a very literal person so I shouldn't have been surprised at that answer! On a serious note though, she blows me away sometimes with her spiritual knowledge and understanding at her age. It makes a momma proud!

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

She's so funny...and growing up so fast! Seems like yesterday Gracen was her age! Enjoy every minute of it!! They'll be ten going on twenty before you know it! :)