Thursday, July 22, 2010

College Hop and the Cowboys

I took my students on our annual "College Hop" trip last week and survived! I must be getting old because I dread this trip more and more every year. The highlight of the trip was our tour of Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. Our tour guide mentioned that "the Triplets" (Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin) were there that day and I'm ashamed to say I didn't know who she was talking about!
Once she reminded me, I felt stupid for not knowing because I was a huge Cowboy fan and was totally in love with Troy Aikman!!! Although we didn't get to see Troy or Emmitt, we did get to see Michael Irvin, which we thought was so cool! He seemed very nice and gracious.... As I was walking off the field I passed a security guy who was talking into a headpiece and I heard him say, "the Triplets have left the building." It struck me so funny!

So glad to have made it home without incident and have this trip over for another year!!!

1 comment:

harris1013 said...

I was in love with Troy Aikman too!!! LOL!