Monday, July 19, 2010

You Can't Choose Your Family

This is an old picture that I have never posted and it is one of my absolute favorites of Kamdyn. It totally captures her expressions and you have to imagine her saying, "hummpphh!" when she crosses her arms like that!
Anyway, it reminded me of something that she told me a few weeks ago when we were getting ready for school. She was having one of those mornings where nothing made her happy. I'm not even sure what prompted it, but she looked at me and said, "well, I don't want to be in this family anymore!"

So I calmly said, "well, that's too bad. We'll miss you on vacation in a few weeks." About that time Mark walked in the room and caught the tail end of the conversation. She looked at him and said, "well... OK, Daddy, I'm going to give you one more chance!"

It is so hard to keep a straight face at the things she says to me sometimes.... most of the time I can't and she knows that and uses it to her advantage!

I did manage to say, "no, how about we give YOU one more chance?"

No comments: