Friday, August 6, 2010

Kam's Last Day at Mrs. Mae's

Yesterday was Kam's last day at Fun Time (Mrs. Mae's) and I have to admit that I was sad. Kam has spent the last 3 years at Mae's and words cannot express how much of a blessing Mae and her teachers have been to us.

Mrs. Kelly was Kam's teacher this year and she absolutely loved her! Mrs. Kelly told me recently that she never once had to put Kam in timeout this year. I found that hard to believe!!
For the most part, this group of kids has been together the entire time at Mae's. We've been to tons of birthday parties with these girls and have had so much fun getting to know them and their parents.
As you can see, Kam is the smallest girl in her class!
These girls have had lots of "fun times" together...
Although Kam will be going to Bismarck and won't be in the afterschool program this year at Mae's, she will be back for a while next summer. She has learned so much at Mae's and is so ready for kindergarten. She is excited, which makes me excited for her.... but I'm not going to lie. I'm having a little anxiety about her going off to kindergarten. Mark says it makes him sad and every time he says that Kam tells us how excited she is... I think this transition will be much harder on us than her!

And because you all know that I don't handle change well.... Cooper is still at Mae's so I'm not cutting my ties there completely! I thought I would never get over Cooper leaving Mrs. Jane's.

No comments: