Monday, August 9, 2010

Princess Party

Kam's friend, Bailey, had a royal princess party on Saturday that included dress up, a princess pageant, and games. Kam had a blast!

The girls each had their hair done before they learned proper princess etiquette for the pageant. Of course, I think my little princess is beautiful!
I've given Kam grief about her hair the last few weeks telling her that it looked like a mop (which she didn't know what was)... so when I peeked in to see how it her hair was coming along she hollered, "mom, does it still look like a mop?" Oops! On a side note, we have a hair appointment this Wednesday and I have threatened to cut it all off because she is so ridiculous about it now.
Back to the party... the girls came out in pairs and blew kisses and such while Bailey's dad talked about each girl. He had asked the girls some questions before and it was pretty cute.... who their favorite princess was, what they wanted to be when they grew up, who their teacher was, etc.Kam couldn't remember her new teacher's name so she told everyone "her mom knew that" and then Bailey's dad announced that Kam wanted to be a pedicurist when she grew up. I knew that was coming because that's been her standard answer for the last year. We've gone from doctor to dentist to pedicurist!

The crowd roared though and one of the moms there turned to me and commented how hilarious Kam was. We think she's funny but it's always nice to hear other people say that about your child. I hope she always has this crazy sense of humor!!!

And I can't believe I'm saying this... but for a split second I had the crazy idea of actually entering her into a real pageant. We've been asked before but I've never thought Kam would do it... I'm not so sure now though. She looked pretty comfortable... and she already has her model pose down perfecft!!

No comments: