Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Night Before Kindergarten

Dear Kamdyn,

Tomorrow is your first day of kindergarten. You are so excited and could not wait to pack your lunch and backpack tonight. You've had your outfit picked out for weeks now. I know you are going to love kindergarten and I am so excited for you and this new time in your life.

As you know, Mommy's had a few teary moments this week about you going off to school. Tonight after one of those moments in particular, you wrapped your arms around me and told me that you promised to always hug me every day before you left for school. I'm going to hold you to that promise!!

I am so proud of the special little girl that you have become. You have so many fabulous qualities (have I ever told you how funny you are?) and I hope that these will continue to grow as you begin school. I could never thank God enough for the special privilege of being your mommy!

I love you to the sun and moon and back!

Love,
Mommy



2 comments:

Brooke Copeland said...

Aww, you got me teary just reading this! She definitely is a special girl! I am so thankful her and Canon are growing up close and get to share these milestones! We love her too, and remember she has a special place in our hearts!

Crystal said...

That's so sweet, Robyn. I can't believe she's in Kindergarten. Of course, I can't believe my boy just started first grade. Take care!