Monday, August 16, 2010

Timber Lodge 2010

The Efird's took their second annual trip to Timber Lodge last weekend and had an awesome time! It is two days straight of non-stop play! We fish, ride 4-wheelers, swim, eat, stay up late, play in the lake, etc. and just enjoy being together.

Cooper's first fish of the weekend....
Kam liked fishing until she got something on her line... then she ran off and screamed like the girl that she is! She wouldn't even reel it in.
All the girls in a paddle boat...
Crashing into Mom, Maddie, and AJ.... not sure the little girls remembered how to steer.
Madison brought her friend AJ along and they spent many hours riding the kids around on ATV's. They are so good with the kids... they laid a towel down and arranged the kids safely every time they went for a ride.
I noticed a big change from last year with the way my kids (Kam, in particular) ran around. It was obvious she is older now because she spent more time away from me with the other cousins. Coop, on the other hand, still makes me nervous! I let him and Brax go out on the porch because the entire wall is windows so I thought we could see them. After a few minutes, Jamie went to check on them and found them at the lake! Oops!

We rent the entire place for the weekend but we always gather for meals at what we call "the big house." Mom and Dad, Mamaw and Papaw, Ronnie and Gina, and Aunt Donna stay there.
Visiting at breakfast... we had some fabulous food this weekend!
Mark tickling the birthday boy... Cooper's birthday fell on this weekend and we decided to just celebrate with the family while we were there. Cooper thinks that we all went there specifically for his birthday and I'm not going to tell him anything different!
I rented a huge inflatable waterslide for the kids to play on for Cooper's birthday. It was especially great for the little ones.... I'll post pics of that and Cooper's party later.

Hanging out at the bunk house... as the kids become teenagers, I'm sure this is where they will all end up staying for the weekend. Right now, we rotate families so everyone gets to stay in a house most of the time. We stayed in one of these last year, but this year shared a great house with Jodie and Mike and kids. It was perfect!
You would think after two solid days of non-stop play that Kam and the kids would fall out at night... but that didn't always happen. They usually got their second wind running around our cabin late at night. And I mean literally running around our living room, which was big enough to do that. Eventually, most of them passed out, but Kam laid in bed and played DS after Kamryn finally gave it up Saturday night.
The guys played poker Saturday night and I think some of them even went 4-wheeling in the middle of the night. They said they were looking for the deer we all saw earlier that afternoon....
Speaking of animals, we didn't get to feed the animals like we did last year. Kam kept asking me if we could feed the reindeer all weekend long. I still love to look out in the yard and see zebras and sheep roaming around.... and the kids love the buffalo who roams the grounds. You heard me right... a buffalo. Kam wouldn't play on the playground Friday because he was on the basketball court, which seems to be his favorite hangout spot.... but by Saturday they had named him "Perry" and gotten used to him. She's still telling everyone about 4-wheeling and looking for Perry the buffalo.

Last, but not least.... we took another family picture because we have 3 new babies since last year. I know... that's a shocker! We decided that we didn't want to get ready so we took an "as is" picture after dinner Saturday night--swimsuits, cover ups, grubby shorts, no makeup, etc. However, I think that the only pics taken were a little blurry... I'll post them as soon as I get them from someone.

I can't say enough how blessed we are and how much we enjoy this weekend together! I'm already looking forward to next year!!

No comments: