Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Pop!

Today is my Dad's birthday. I didn't get to post on Father's Day so I want to say how grateful and blessed I am to call this man my father. He can be a man of few words at times (I know some of you find that hard to believe!) but will speak when he needs to.... He is incredibly generous and loving and would give anyone the shirt off his back. I have always admired the way he looks out for his three sisters and quietly leads the family. Yes, I am blessed.
There are three little grandkids who have "Pop" completely wrapped around their fingers. Pop knows that too... and makes no apologies for it. This little guy even got Pop to ride the spinning teacups with him this summer. Wasn't a good idea either (that's an inside joke that I'll spare you the details on).....
When I told Kam how old Pop was today she said, "that's a lot of numbers, Mommy."

Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!!!

No comments: