Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...

Actually, this post should be titled "Kamdyn says the darndest things!" It's so true. She keeps us in stitches with the things she says. I hope she will always be this funny. A sense of humor is such a fantastic trait! Here are a few things that she has said in the last few weeks:

Last week we went to Wal-Mart and I was hurriedly trying to get the kids back in the car. I asked Kam to buckle herself up (which she is big enough to do now, praise the Lord! Can't wait for Cooper to be able to do this!)... She argued with me and kept asking me to do it. When I told her she was big enough to do it herself now she looked at me and said, "Ah, come on. Be the mother!" Oh no, she didn't! Oh yes, she did!
So on this same day we were riding along and the kids were talking about their letter of the week (which happened to be X) and trying to come up with words that start with it. My kids are nerds because this is an everyday occurrence for us. It entertains them for endless amounts of time.

There aren't really a lot of words that start with X so Kam was trying to show Cooper her cards from school that had words with an X in them. She got to "exercise" and proceeded to tell Cooper with all these exaggerated hand movements, "You know how daddy exercises everyday... and then he eats like a pig!" I laughed for an hour about that one!

Bath time tales...

Another night, Cooper got into my shaving gel in the bathtub and got it everywhere. I must have been out of the room for a second because when I walked back in she looked at me and said, "I"m sorry Cooper put shaving cream everywhere. I won't let him do it again." Little mama!

On yet another night in the bathtub, Cooper was getting a little wild and worked up and Kam looked at him and said, "Cool it, Rob!" Now I know she was repeating Mark on that one!!!! The child keeps a running transcript in her head of conversations from months ago. I am not exaggerating at all. You can ask my mom or anyone in the family. A while back she repeated a conversation (with hand gestures and all) that Mark and I had when we thought she was asleep at 5:15 in the morning! You've been warned!

Friends aka Characters...

I tried to pull one over on Cooper this morning and tell him that gymnastics was just for girls so he wouldn't get upset that he had to ride home with Mimi. Kam said, "uh-uh, Momma, Tank goes to gymnastics." I asked her who Tank was (that's a new one to me) and she said, "you know, he's that character at gymnastics that jumps on the trampoline." It absolutely cracks me up that she calls people "characters."

Daddy's Project...

And, lastly, Mark worked late some and I told Kam that Daddy had a big project that he was working on at work. A few days later when I told her Daddy was working late she asked me if he was still working on his "craft" at work. Everything's a craft in Kam's world!

Although I wrote this post this afternoon, Kamdyn just told me the cutest story that I had to come add. While bathing, she was telling me that she got to watch "The Three Little Rascals" today while waiting on the little kids to finish eating. I asked her who was on it and she said, Darla, Spanky, and Alfa Falfa! Then she said, "Mommy, it wasn't colored either. It was black and grey!" She then proceeded to tell me all about Spot the dog and the boys dressing up like girls. I had to call my dad to tell him because he always loved the "Little Rascals." She loved it so you can bet my dad will be buying some "Little Rascal" DVD's soon.

No comments: