Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We went to the pumpkin patch in Manchester on Saturday. The kids were looking forward to it because their friends from preschool were going to be there. It was sort of weird having kids come up to Cooper now that he's at Mae's... but he loved it and it is so cute to see them talking to each other outside of school.

Looking for the perfect pumpkin.... By the way, Mom can't get over why this is called the pumpkin patch when the pumpkins have already been picked and are just out for sale!
Taking a break....
We attempted many pictures of the kids but, as you can see, they are squinting in all of them. The sun was shining right in their little faces. Poor Braxton's cheeks were so red....
Mimi and Kam...
The boys decided they would rather be in the wagon that Mimi was loading with exotic pumpkins...
So we decided to make it another photo op....
However, the boys began throwing their little pumpkins out every time we handed them back to them...
Put these boys to work!!!
Walking with Mimi to go on a hayride....
The kids asked me to take their picture with this bear but neither one of them will look at the camera at the same time. It's impossible to get a good picture of them together!
The four of us on the hayride... of course, we're not looking at the camera. But at least I'm in this picture!
This is probably what my kids enjoyed the most.... Kam has been asking for a dog for months and I absolutely refuse to get one. I have my reasons. The biggest one being that I don't need something else to take care of and trash my house. Two kids is enough already.
I had to work hard to get them to leave at this point and, of course, Kam begged for a puppy. I heard Mark tell Scott that he was probably going to get a D-O-G for the kids for Christmas... and I quickly told him he would lose a W-I-F-E if he did!
Cooper won a pair of glow in the dark skeleton gloves from this game. On the way home, he asked where his "bologna" (boney) hands were!
Although it was hot, the kids enjoyed the pumpkin patch a lot. It did cool down for the football game Friday night though.... so much so that Mark asked for chili on Saturday night. He's been waiting for it to get 70 degrees so he could have some. We love football weather. Bring on fall!

No comments: