Thursday, January 14, 2010

Boys Will Be.....

This morning was a "Sybil" morning for Kamdyn. We overslept to begin with so we were all running around like crazy. After asking her to get dressed at least 5 different times, I told Kam that she was about to get a consequence (no Wii tonight) if she didn't mind me pronto, which unleashed the beast. When she gets in trouble she turns into a complete drama queen and cries about EVERYTHING to divert the attention from the real issue--that she doesn't mind!!! She did this last night at church too.
So she starts crying about how boys are so mean and everyone makes fun of her.... she then goes into this rampage about a little boy at school teasing her. "Why do boys do that, Mommy?" So while I'm fixing her hair, I attempt to explain that sometimes boys tease girls because they really like them..... to which she replies in that emphatic tone (and I'm quite sure her hand was on her hip even though she was sitting!)... "well, I don't like boys! I just like my daddy and Cooper!!!!"

So then Mark says, "well, what about Pop and Uncle Bubby?" She says they are ok, as is Papaw Sonny. Then Mark asks, "what about Uncle Stephen?" to which she replies, "no! he's mean to me!"

Then Mark tells her that he must not be very mean because he just brought her a present back from Disney World last week. Then she says in her new country drawl, "aaahhh... now he's a good man!!" Trust me when I say you had to hear her say this to get the full effect! Mark and I both busted out laughing!! Uncle Stephen, you would have died!!!!

No comments: