Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Decorations

So I'm almost a month late with this post but.... better late than never! I wanted to post a few pics of some of our Christmas decorations so I could remember 20 years from now!

Here is our tree (after Christmas with no presents under i!)... I don't have one of those trees that has matching ornaments and is color coordinated. I have too many special ornaments to do that! And I have preschoolers, remember???!!!! Maybe one day when my kids are gone though!! I like whimsical ornaments and am not traditional at all!
Cooper absolutely loves cars so his ornament this year had to be a race car...
Kamdyn picked her own out this year and she chose Snow White....
Mark and I got this Christopher Radco ornament as a gift before we were married. I think it's the "Honeymoon Hotel" or something like that. I collected the Radco's for a while and have several that are very sentimental to me...
My idea was to make ornaments with the kids hand prints on these small canvases that I painted, but I ended up setting them on some floating shelves and they were oh so cute! The kids had fun with it and their names are on the back.... I know I will treasure these forever!
This is Max, our "elf on the shelf." This is his second Christmas with us.
He watches over the kids and flies to the North Pole every night to let Santa know if they have been naughty or nice. He lands in a different spot every morning and the kids love looking for him or finding him in unexpected places! Problem is that Mark and I sometimes forget to move him each day.

Every family needs one of these!!! It's so easy to remind the kids, "you better be nice, Max is watching and letting Santa know if you've been good!" We love Max and he has become one of our favorite Christmas traditions.

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

I wish Max had been around when my kids were small...I love the idea, but didn't know about it till a couple years ago. Your tree looked great! I'm the same..my tree is just covered in all our ornaments we love..no color theme here! :)