Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thanksgiving and Indians (3 months late!)

So I'm just about 3 months late on this but I actually just snagged these pictures from another mom's FB page. In November, a Kiowa Indian named, Philip, visited Mrs. Mae's to visit with the kids. This is yet another reason that I just love Mae's.... the kids were totally fascinated with Philip.
Philip and some of the boys in Kam's class...
As you can see, he was dressed in his Indian duds from head to toe and he talked to the kids and answered their questions.
He played a beautiful song for them....

This was a great experience for the kids, especially since they had been learning all about the pilgrims and Indians in November. I remember one night that Kam was trying to tell me something about what she learned and she kept saying, "sandwiches, sandwiches!" Took me a few minutes to realize she was trying to say, "savages, savages!"

No comments: