Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!

Mark and I have been married for nine years today!  Seems like nineteen, um, I mean yesterday since we first got married.  For those of you who followed our courtship, you know it took about that long for us to finally get married!!
It's been an interesting nine years full of ups and downs (what marriage isn't?).... but who wouldn't love this guy?
I can truthfully say that Mark is everything that I'm not and that's what I love about him most.  He's the calm (which makes me the storm!) in my world and I know that's not always easy for him.  I will admit that I'm not an easy person to live with or be married to (my mom will verify that!)....but he takes it all in stride! 
This morning he emailed me to say that our garage door was fixed today so "happy anniversary!"  I told him that I probably shouldn't hold my breath for flowers then...I'm pretty sure I made some comment about maybe he would send them to my funeral.  I guess it worked because about an hour later, flowers were delivered to me!  Even though I shamed him into it, I'll take them!
More than anything, Mark has given me a family that I love dearly.  Our house is always loud and hectic, but I wouldn't trade anything for it.  These three people mean everything to me.  Happy anniversary, Mark!  I love you and look forward to many more years together!!  P.S.  I'm also looking forward to our 10-year getaway!!!

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

Awww how sweet! You have a beautiful family and are truly blessed! Now...fill me in on this 10 yr getaway!! :)