Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Open House

Kam hasn't been too pumped about going back to school so I was hoping that open house last Monday night would get her a little more excited.  We pulled in right behind the Efird's and walked in with them.  Avery is starting pre-k and was excited to meet her teacher.
We secretly knew that Kam had gotten Ms. Teague for her teacher and she was so excited when we told her.  She had actually told me that she didn't want to go to school because she was afraid that she was going to get a certain teacher.  Once she found out she had Ms. Teague, she was ready to go!
I was so excited that Kam got Ms. Teague because she was my first-grade teacher exactly thirty years ago!!  Go ahead and do the math on my age- I know you're dying to!  I swear I don't think that this woman has changed any and I have promised Kam that I am going to go back and look for pictures of her to prove it.  When we left, Kam said, "oh, momma, Ms. Teague is so beautiful!" 
Kam's desk is right beside her friend Dane's and she already told me they could "chat."  Their daddy's have both said they will be talking non-stop! 
I was thrilled that Kamdyn got in a class with some kids that we know.  They are all boys, but that's ok with me!  Last year, Kam didn't know anyone in her class but it didn't bother her one bit (it bothered me way more!).  She's very social and has no problem making new friends.  
She is begging us to ride the school bus this year but I'm just not ready for that.  When I rode the bus, I had cousins who rode with me and looked out for me.  She doesn't have that....plus, we just enjoy dropping her off everyday.
Open House was a big success!  Kam got excited about school....the kids got to play....Mark and Cooper both loved Ms. Teague as well....we saw lots of friends....met some new people.  I am looking forward to a great year! 

We ran into friends from church and ended up having dinner with them all after at el Bismarcko.  The kids had a lot of fun and it's always nice to fellowship!
I took these pictures the night before school started.  Needless to say, Kam was bouncing off the walls and all over the place posing...
Pretty girl.... who needs her hair brushed!!!
We have the hardest time getting our kids to settle down at bedtime.  It's like the moment they get in bed they go spastic.
Being silly before prayers...
I can hardly believe that this silly girl is now a first grader!  Oh my!  And I'm not even going to think about Cooper starting kindergarten next year.  I can't handle it!! 

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Those "silly" pictures are great! :) And you're right, Mrs. Teague hasn't aged a bit!
I did not realize Cooper would be starting kindergarten NEXT year, so will Jackson! :) At Bismarck, by the way! We'll have to have some play dates between now and then so the boys can get to know each other! :) There should be several that we know, all starting next year!

The Chastain's said...

Ok, I just visited your blog and the boys are precious! I'm excited to know that Jackson will be in kindergarten with Cooper. He just turned 5 and missed the deadline by 2 weeks (we would have waited to start anyway) but most of his friends from church started this year. Who else will be with them? I know a few precious girls who will be with them. We'll have to discuss teachers in the spring, but right now I don't even want to think about it!