Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kam's First Day of First Grade

Kamdyn was up and anxious to get to school for the first day of first grade!  I know I keep saying it, but I just cannot believe that she is a big first grader now!!  
We had to change outfits at the last minute, but we still had time to take pictures. 
Hands on hip, ready to pose...
Where has the time gone?  Saying that makes me sound old, I know... 
 I absolutely love this picture to death!  
 We've got to work on our posing.....
 As you can see, neither one was too thrilled about getting their picture made together.  Cooper gets this look on his face when he doesn't want to do what you want him too.....he gets all shy and zones out.
I'm shocked that Kam has her arm around Cooper and isn't choking him.... she really has a love/hate relationship with him right now.  I mean that in the nicest way possible.  More on that another day!
Cooper was actually going back to preschool on this same day after being off for a few weeks.  It's his last year at Mae's and I'm really, really not ready for him to leave there.  If I could freeze time, I would keep both kids at Mae's forever!  But time must march on!
  Kam and Mark...doesn't he look thrilled to be having his picture taken again?
Me and Kam.....everyone says that she looks just like me.  Most days I would agree with that, but I still say she acts like her daddy!!  Let me just say that I barely slept the night before and looking at this picture confirms it! 
And last but certainly not least, Kam and Mimi....she stopped by to pick up Cooper for school just in time to see Kam before she left. 
 Kam actually let me park and walk her up to school which secretly thrilled me.  I really didn't want to just drop her off and have to leave.  She saw her friends on the playground playing and said, "I have to get out there and help them!"  I think they were playing chase.  It excited me to see her want to go and play.
When we got to the gate, I asked her to let me take her picture before she went in and she said "no" very vehemently.  So I asked for a hug and she just gave me this look like she thought (but wasn't too sure) that she might be too big for that. Sniff.  Sniff.  So I told her to have a great day and off she went...
So I have to admit that when I called Mark to tell him about it, I cried a little.  I knew it wasn't personal... and I got over it.  I watched her go line up with her class (because we never get there in time to play on the first day with all the picture-taking!). She got in line with Dane and I watched them laugh and "chat".... too cute! 
When I picked her up, she said she loved first grade and had a great day!  I said the same thing I did last year after her first day of kindergarten... this was fun, but do we have to do it again tomorrow?  

No comments: