Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Night Before First Grade

Dear Kamdyn,

It's hard to believe one year has passed since I wrote you a "night before kindergarten" letter.  When I went back and read it, I had to chuckle when I read the part about you promising to give me a hug before you left for school every morning.  You know Daddy says that one of us left crying almost every morning last school year over your hair!  I'm hoping we've both matured a lot since then. 

Certainly, you look and act more grown up than one year ago.  You start sentences with "dude" (even though I'm not a dude!) and I just about fell out the other day when I heard you say that something was "epic."  I had to define it for your Aunt JJ when you said it!

You are still as strong willed as ever and I stand by the conviction that one day that will be a trait I admire in you as a teenager and adult.  Until then, you are teaching me patience on a daily basis!  On the other hand, your sense of humor and witty comments keep us all in stitches.  There really is never a dull moment when you're around!

I'm so excited about what this year holds for you.  You have a fabulous teacher in Mrs. Teague and a fantastic class as well.  It should be awesome, or "epic", as you now say!  Remember to treat others  the way you would like to be treated and always look for ways to help people!

We are so proud of you!  I love you to the sun and moon and back!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: