Saturday, June 13, 2009

Me and My Peeps Do Dallas

Friends Don't Let Friends Shop Alone!

My friends and I took our annual marathon shopping trip to Grapevine, Texas earlier this week. We had the best time and it came at a time when I definitely needed some girlfriend bonding. We do nothing but shop, eat, and stay up all night giggling like teenagers. I agree with my friend Leah who said that she hoped we never get too old to do this.

Here we are at the end of day 2 getting ready to head home:
Mary and Sherri at the end of day 1...
Sherri, Kristen, and Jackie... bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to shop!
Leah doing what she does best... talk!
Leah, Me, and Jackie.... As you can tell, the back of the van was packed full. Thank goodness Mary's van had one of those cameras where you can see without actually looking back there.
I'm sure I ate enough to gain 5 pounds these two days; however, I think I laughed enough to burn the extra calories. We made it home late Tuesday night having been pulled over only once and I think we are now referring to ourselves as "The Seven Dwarfs" or "The Seven Smurfs"... I'm not sure which. That's an inside joke that no one but us will understand. :)

I must say that we all have the best husbands (and mothers) who always keep our kids so we can get together several times a year. That should earn me some brownie points and another outing, huh?

You guys are the best and I love ya! Already looking forward to our next trip!

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

Oh my goodness..good pics..well except that one of me on the bed! I had a blast..best time I've ever had on our trips I think! I'm shocked I wasn't sore from laughing! LOL!
Sincerely,
Smartmouth Smurf ;)
(or something like that tee hee!)