Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh, No They Didn't!

Oh, yes they did!

We played outside last night with JJ and her kids and our neighbor, Amy, and her two kiddos. Kamdyn and Kenzie went inside to the bathroom and I guess the boys followed them. We all knew they were inside for a while and at one point I thought to myself, "the kids rooms will be destroyed when I get back in" but obviously it didn't concern me. After all, that's what kids do and I want the kids to enjoy their playtime together.
What I should have thought was that I should go in and at least supervise the room destroying because that would have been much better than what was really going on! Apparently, the boys wanted some Cheerios and oatmeal. Thank goodness my Cheerio box was not completely full.

We've had to watch Cooper with the scissors lately. He cut the tags off a new shirt (that I was going to return by the way) because he said he liked it and wanted to wear it. We've had a few other run-ins with the scissors so I shouldn't be surprised that he cut open 2-3 packages of oatmeal and poured into the microwave to cook. Seems I now recall him setting the microwave for 98 minutes recently so I guess him turning the microwave on shouldn't be a surprise either.
Oh, and did I mention that there was also a tricycle in my kitchen as well? I know... we should have been paying closer attention to them. Lesson learned!

Mark was not happy when he got home to say the least. Cooper's response when Mark asked him why he did it was, "I just wanted to eat some oatmeal." And, by the way, I forgot to mention that he was eating uncooked oatmeal the whole time this was happening.

Mark's response was, "those boys just better be glad that I wasn't here when it happened!"
Kam swears that her and Kenzie were in the bedroom putting on makeup the whole time this was happening but she did tell me when we came in later that "I should've let this happen, Mommy." Cooper did have fun vacuuming up all those Cheerios and oatmeal later on. I'm not sure that part was much punishment.

Boys will be boys!

1 comment:

harris1013 said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH COOP...LOVE YOU LOTS!