Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Stockings Were Hung....

The stockings were hung on the entertainment center with care....
I'm not joking.....it took me (and Mark both!) a long time to get those stocking holders arranged in just the perfect spot with all that garland and mesh.  They kept wanting to fall off and I don't know why because they are really heavy....
Just ask Cooper.  Two weeks ago, he reached up to see his name on his stocking and took a nasty blow to the head...
Bless his heart, he came up saying "I sorry, Mommy!"  I think he knew how hard we worked on those.... but the blood running down his forehead sent me into a panic and I wasn't really worried about my decorations.  A little ice did the trick and he was ok.... but I did wonder for a minute if he was going to need a stitch.
So when Kamdyn bumped another one on Sunday and took a blow to the nose, I didn't panic as much this time.  But, oh Lord, she did! Everyone was there because we were taking mom and dad's picture with the grands.... I think she ran into her room screaming and Brian finally ending up in there talking to her. She didn't want to go to choir practice later on because she was afraid that everyone would see and ask her what happened, which they did!
I fully expected her nose to be black and blue the next day.  It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it is noticable for sure.  She keeps telling everyone a present fell on her.  I'm thinking that I need to add a "proceed at your own risk" sign to my display. 

No comments: