Friday, February 13, 2009

Birthday Cake

I heart them!! I really, really do!!!
And I heart Mark too!! Not only has he started unloading the dishwasher for me (my most dreaded chore!), yesterday was my birthday and he insisted that he and the kids make a birthday cake for me. He started this tradition last year when he came home with a red velvet cake mix proclaiming that he was going to make my favorite cake for my birthday. I think I've only had red velvet cake once so I had to set him straight on that one. My favorite cake is strawberry, so at least he was in the same color family. Most wives would have said thank you and let that go--not me! Anyway, the kids had to wait up late on him to come home from work Wednesday night to make my cake (see pictures below)....

But I'm so glad they did! Here is the result.... It was soooo yummy!!!I needed a little help blowing out the candles (since there are so many now!)...Mom, Dad, Bubby, JJ, and Braxton came over and we had TaMolly's for dinner... it was a great night!

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

Okay somehow I missed this post and so I just went back and read it...GO MARK!!! :)