Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kamdyn's first dentist visit

Kamdyn had her first trip to the dentist last week. She cried hysterically when I told her the day before about going. The dental hygenist is her Aunt JJ and she's visited her there before so I thought she would be ok with this...I was wrong! We had several conversations that night about how Dr. Byrd was just going to look at her teeth and it wouldn't hurt and how this was not like going to see Dr. Whorton. In her defense, she got 5 shots a few months ago when we went to the dr. so she is a little gun shy understandably.

Surprisingly though, she woke up the next morning and told me she was not scared to go. When I picked her up at school, her teacher told me that Kamdyn had told her she was going to the dentist so her teeth wouldn't fall out. OK, so I might have said that once when she was having a meltdown about going. Not a good thing to say, I know, and I forget she has the memory of an elephant.

We couldn't get her to sit in the chair so JJ cleaned her teeth while she stood. She finally got in the chair in JJ's lap for Dr. Byrd to look at her teeth. She told him too that her teeth wouldn't fall out now because she was there. I swear I only said that one time and I really didn't think she heard me say it!

Dr. Byrd said her teeth looked great so we left and headed to Wal-Mart for an Icee treat.... just what every kid needs after just having their teeth cleaned!

2 comments:

harris1013 said...

HOW FUNNY!!! SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING MY MOM WOULD SAY THAT I SWORE I WOULD NEVER SAY AND IT COMES OUT OF MY MOUTH ANYWAYS...

Sherri Smith said...

I think you have to say whatever you have to say to get them to do what they physically NEED to do..it worked didn't it?! LOL!!! That's a great story! Cute picture of her with JJ!