Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekend in Review

We had a busy weekend... Bricen's party was Saturday and the weather was wonderful! The kids really enjoyed playing outside together, as you can see from some of the pictures below.

Saturday night we went to a dinner banquet at church where we watched the movie "Fireproof." I've seen the movie before but I took away something totally different from it this second time around. There is an audio clip at the very beginning of the movie of Katherine (the main female character) talking to her mom as a child and asking if she could marry someone just like her daddy one day. This just grabbed my heart because all I could think of was who Kamdyn would marry one day and how I hoped that she would marry someone who would treat her right.

Kam's talked a lot about getting married lately. She's always getting ready for "the wedding" she says when she plays dress up. When she first started talking about it, she wanted to marry Cooper and her friend Olivia at school so we had to explain that girls marry boys (but not their family!)...

Ironically, this weekend she started asking Mark and I if she could marry a prince one day when she gets bigger. I guess this is why that scene just touched me so much because I so want her to marry someone like that one day. Then a few days later she told Mark she wanted to marry Ashton, a boy in her class. Last night she told him she wanted to get married when she was 15! Mark quickly told her she wasn't getting married until she was at least 30!!!

Towards the end of the movie Saturday night, I also thought of Cooper and how I am raising him to be someone's husband someday. Many times I can't think past these toddler and preschool years with them... but one day they will fall in love and choose life partners and I can only pray they each find someone to love them with all their hearts!

Here are a few pics from the party Saturday... I tried to get all the kids but I couldn't find any pics of Kenzie. Sorry! I'll get you this coming weekend at your party!

Bricen, the birthday boy!
Braden on the 4-wheeler
Kenzie, Kamryn, Madison, and Kamdyn (and Avery in the background) - By the way, it was Madison's 14th birthday on this day. I can't believe she is that old!!! We love you, Madison!
Cooper attacking Canon because he got the ball. I probably owe Brooke an apology after posting this picture!
Ring around the rosey on the trampoline.
Cooper
Even the adults had a little fun...

2 comments:

harris1013 said...

WE WATCHED THE MOVIE FOR THE FIRST TIME SATURDAY NIGHT. I LOVED IT!!! YOU KNOW, HAVING KIDS DOES GO WAY BEYOND CHANGING DIAPERS AND GIVING BOTTLES. IT IS A MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY. I HAVE ALREADY STARTED PRAYING FOR THEIR SPOUSES. I AM SURE I WILL BE A MONSTER-IN-LAW. LOL!!!

Sherri Smith said...

I know exactly what you mean Rob. It's so scary to think that we are molding the kind of spouse they will be to someone someday as well as the kind of person they will look for in a spouse. It's a huge responsibility! Just praying we are training them up right! :)