Thursday, February 5, 2009

Super Bowl Shake

My kids love to dance... they ask Mark to crank up the iTunes on the computer every night when they get out of the bathtub. They dance and sing to two songs: "Real Gone" by Sheryl Crow (from the movie Cars) and "Upside Down" from the Curious George movie. I have taken numerous pictures of them dancing but have never posted because 1) the kids are usually naked because they are right out of the bath, and 2) my bed is always unmade and I don' t want the world to see.

I took this picture of them while they were rocking to Bruce Springsteen during the Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday. It was definitely a throwback to the old days for Mark, who says he could really "cut a rug" during the day. I'm trying hard to imagine that! Kamdyn likes to be "spinned" constantly and Cooper's best moves are the chicken dance!

Maybe I have a future dance star in the making... Kamdyn asked me yesterday if I knew what happened in March. When I replied no, she said "Dancing with the Stars comes back on!" DWTS is our favorite show and we can't wait for a new season so we can really dance!

Cooper has been playing a lot with Kamdyn's Barbie laptop this week. Sharing is not something we have mastered yet so, you guessed it, a brawl broke out -- hair pulling and all! So I took the laptop and put it on top of the armoire. I found Cooper trying to outsmart me about half an hour later as evidenced by the picture below:

Naturally, Kamdyn wanted to make sure I knew what he was doing by telling me, "Mommy, Cooper's got that sweep thing trying to get the laptop down." Obviously, she hasn't seen a broom used enough to actually know what they are called!

No comments: