Monday, March 9, 2009

Softball, Shopping and Birthday Season, Round 5

It was a very busy weekend for us. I think I need to come back to work to recover... We went to dinner at Outback with my family on Friday night. Mark was ready for steak after working out for a full week! :)

Saturday I was able to have lunch with my friends while Mom, JJ, and Kamdyn shopped for a few hours in LR. It's been a while since we've gotten together and it was nice to visit, even though I didn't get to spend the whole day shopping with them. Here are Kamdyn and Braxton in the car when we left Saturday morning. Little did they know what kind of day they were in for!
The Magnet Cove girls were in the championship game of the Bauxite FCA tournament so I reconnected with Mom, JJ, and the kids to go. It was the first game that Kam's been to this year and she cracked us up the whole time. She yelled for Brian while he coached third base shouting, "go bubby, you can do it!" and at one point she shouted, "bubby, you can' t catch that; you're too old!" When Carly stepped up to bat and Kamdyn shouted, "Go, Carlotta!" I thought Mom might fall off the bleachers.

We sat with Deana, Chase, and Katelyn so Kam had a blast with them. We don't get to be around them much, but Kam's seen Katelyn the last two Saturdays and she's really taken with her. I loved listening to their conversations during the game.
Here is a pic of the Magnet Cove girls after they won the tournament! We were excited for them! My mom took these game pictures, which explains why they are so far away and off center! lol!
Kamdyn and Braxton after the game... we headed to NLR to kill some time before Braden's birthday party. Much to Kam's dismay, we got in an hour or so of shopping before the party. Kam only asked us about 100x that day if we were ever going to go to Chuck E. Cheese's...
So we ended the day at Braden's party at Chuck E. Cheese's that night. The kids had a blast! Let me just say that I would have to be medicated to work at that place!!! I wanted to do a slideshow of the pics, but I'm not that good yet!







1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

Had a great time shopping Saturday..so glad you were able to join us for a while! I love shopping with my "peeps" as Leah says!