Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Adventures

My husband just told me that I haven't posted in over a week and that I should get on it.... Kamdyn keeps asking me for a new "blog story" for her to read each night. I've got to do better! I'll try to play catch up this week.

Bird Boy


Last week was Spring Break. Our original plan was to go to Branson for a few days, but the weather got cold and nasty and we decided to just stay home. We took the kids to the zoo one day and had a great time. I have many more pictures to post, but I don't want to overwhelm everyone at once!

So our first stop at the zoo was the loriket cage. The kids were excited and both said they wanted to go in, which was a little surprising to me. Cooper did his "Twinkletoes" dance, which you'll see below. He does this dance anytime his feet hit the floor. I'm hoping the boy will learn some boundaries one day because he is getting too big for me to carry!


Mark paid $1 to get the juice to feed the birds and Cooper told him he wanted to feed them too. By the way, this bird actually bit Mark's finger... I told him that's what you get for sticking your finger up there like that.

Cooper was a little skiddish at first when the bird first landed on the cup...
But then he decided it was very cool!
I'm not sure I can even accurately describe what happened next. Cooper was standing beside me still feeding the bird when another bird came and landed on his head. It took me by surprise and I would give anything to have a picture of the look on Cooper's face when he realized there was a bird dancing on his head. I was a little panicked at first, but then I looked at Mark, who was trying to get a good picture of him feeding the bird and screamed, "take a picture!" But it was just too funny.... Cooper started screaming, the bird flew off, the bird came back and landed on his head again... I think I picked him up at this point and we ducked (see picture below) while the bird swooped by us.
Needless to say, everyone was laughing--except Kamdyn and Cooper. Poor Cooper was traumatized. We got out of the cage quickly and went on our way. We had to leave the inside bird exhibit later because the kids got so freaked out. Cooper wanted nothing to do with anything that looked like a bird--flamingo, crane, you name it.

About 3 hours later, we went to the carnival next door to the zoo to let the kids ride some rides. Kamdyn loved this slide.... While Cooper and I were waiting on them to come down, this lady walks up to us and says, "oh, it's the bird boy!"


Kam has since had a blast telling the story about how the bird "flewed" on Cooper's head. She told everyone at church yesterday and couldn't wait to go tell Ms. Kylie today at school. Cooper laughs now... Yesterday my Papaw walked up to him, put his hand on top of his head and said, "Cooper, there's a bird on your head" and Cooper took off running like a streak of lightning! Ahh... good times!

No comments: