Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birthday and Cheerleading

Last weekend, Kylie and Kamryn had a cheer competition in Hot Springs so Mom and the kids and I decided to go watch for a while. It was Mark's birthday and I thought a nice day at home to himself was the best present I could give him. Not really... although he did enjoy it! I did him so wrong at Christmas, if you recall, so I was determined to make up for it on his birthday.
Jodie and Kam waiting on the girls to come out....
Kamryn is the 4th girl in the middle, if you can see her....
Kam and Kami....
The gang.... Cooper wasn't too into the competition at first. He didn't like the music and kept telling me, "it scares me, Mommy," but he eventually got into it and wanted to go to the arena floor to get a closer look at the girls. There was actually one little boy who competed too.

The funniest thing..... When we were walking into TJ Maxx later that day, Mom asked Cooper if he wanted to be a cheerleader. He looked at her and said in his slow country drawl, "I not a girl, Mimi!" Good answer, Coop!
So I had been asking the kids for weeks what they wanted to get Mark and all they could come up with was a t-shirt. Cooper said it had to be a razorback shirt. So we picked out a razorback t-shirt. Kam picked out some new pj bottoms (I talked her out of the SpongeBob ones!). Cooper picked out a purple Polo pullover. I wasn't sure Mark would like the color so I asked Kam, hoping that she would pick out a different one. No such luck! Purple Polo it was.... I could tell Mark was a little iffy about it but when I told him the kids picked it out and there was no talking them out of it, he said he would wear it and love it. And, surprisingly, the color looked great when he tried it on!
I decided to get him Guitar Hero.... He was surprised and liked it, but I don't think he thought he would love it. Wrong! Guess who's rocking the house now?
Here they are trying to figure it out at first. Now he stands and bends and gyrates like he's a real rocker!
Mark requests an angel food cake with icing every year. Never knew anyone who liked icing on their angel food cake until I met him, but it is very good! As you can tell, this is a store bought one but it was yummy! And he only blew out 3 candles because we didn't have enough for his real age!

No comments: