Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

Mother Nature can be so cruel sometimes. That was my thought yesterday as it rained ALL DAY LONG in Arkadelphia while my friends and family as close as Hot Springs and Benton enjoyed enough snow to build snowmen! Just one snow (and I don't mean ice) day would be glorious! My kids have never had the joy of running and playing in the snow.... and Mark is the biggest kid of all. He gets so disappointed when he wakes up only to find that it hasn't done a darn thing! Oh well.... On the flip side, today is a gloriously beautiful day, with not a cloud in the sky. I love sunshine!
Kamdyn's been a little under the weather so she stayed with Pop yesterday, who got an unexpected snow day off--something that has never happened in the 20+ years he has worked at the Corps of Engineers. I'm not questioning it because he was a lifesaver yesterday and I think they had a good time together. When I checked on them at lunch they were watching movies and eating pizza. I think they just about wore the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" DVD out. However, Kam spiked a little temp when I was almost home and she refused to take her medicine for Pop. I had a message saying such and then "I hope you're almost here!" LOL!!

She is at home with Mark today who doesn't feel well either. I'm not sure who's taking care of who!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hopefully you're getting some good snow, now! And, please, keep it all down there- I've had enough to last me for awhile!!!