Friday, October 8, 2010

Bismarck Homecoming 2010 - Part 2

This will mostly be a picture post as I want to look back when I'm old and remember Kam's day as princess!

Once we got over Sybil's meltdown, we headed to the gym for pictures before the coronation and pep rally.  We had to be there an hour and a half to two hours before the ceremony so we had entirely too much time on our hands in an all-white dress!

We took tons of pictures of Kamdyn and Levi....
 Don't they look adorable? 
 Kamdyn and Mal....
Posing with the lion.... the lion actually entertained Kam and Levi for a good amount of time while we were waiting...
They had pizza for the homecoming court, which tasted great, but made me extremely nervous in an all-white dress.  I didn't let Kam get within 2 feet of me with that pizza for fear of what would happen to her dress. 
As I said, we had a lot of time on our hands so we took lots of pictures and tried to keep the kids occupied and clean!  This is Levi's dad's motorcycle and we thought it would be a great photo op.  I'm thinking this picture looks like "runaway bride" to me!
More pictures!  I had to include this picture because of Kam's pose... If you know her at all, you know this is her standard pose.  I think it cracked everyone up because I heard several comments on it.
Can you say future prom picture?  We all just died laughing when they struck this pose because it so looks like a prom picture!  Levi's mom said that we need to save this picture for about ten years down the road.
Back outside again.... I really like this picture!
In all the time we had to kill, we had a few issues with Kam's slip.  Because she wouldn't pull it up, it kept showing below her dress.  We took it off, put it back on, and then ended up ditching it because, well, you know how Kam is!!  She stomped off from me several times while I was trying to talk to her about it before everyone started arriving.  

In this picture, Mark had just told her to "mind her momma!" and then got a kiss from her.  So sweet!
While we were waiting to come out, the elementary students were walking in to the bleachers.  Kam stood at the top of the stairs and waved and talked to all of her friends who came in.  I told Mom she acted like a preacher shaking hands and waving at everyone.  Her friends just oohed and ahhed when they saw her (we were standing at the top of the locker room stairs) and Kam was just eating it all up!  Some of the kids from the upper bleachers were hollering at her and she just waved and acted like the princess she was!  She kept turning to me and saying, "it's like a dream, Mommy!"  Those moments were priceless to me!
I actually missed watching Kam and Levi walk in because I had to wait in the lobby with her so my view wasn't as good as the rest of the families.  While we were waiting, she was talking non-stop to the girls in front of us.  She told the girl in front of her, "I hope you get to be the queen!"

My camera battery actually went dead at this point (wouldn't you know it?!) and thankfully, JJ had hers so I was able to take more pictures.  I'll post those later.
Kam really got into the pep rally and stood up and danced when the girls did.  They were so sweet to her and actually grabbed her hands and danced with her!
Afterwards with sweet Sydney...
At this point, we had a little over an hour to run home, freshen up and come back for the night ceremony.  I'll post those pics next time!

No comments: