Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Weekend and Wonderful Weather!

My birthday was on Saturday and we literally spent the whole weekend celebrating.  I must have gained at least five pounds!  We went to Outback on Friday night with Mom, Dad, Brian, JJ and kids....it's been a while since I've been there and the cheese fries were calling my name! 

On Saturday, Mark and I had a date!  Mom and Dad kept the kids while we went to Little Rock for dinner at the Macaroni Grill and a movie (and I slipped a few quick errands in too but I didn't want to push my luck--even if it was my birthday!).  I really can't remember the last time we went to the theater without seeing a kids movie.  We saw "Just Go With It" and I thought it was cute.  The kids ended up staying overnight with Mom and Dad (their choice) so it was nice to have some downtime.....thanks Mom and Dad!

Mark and the kids got me a new zoom lens for my camera that is probably WAY MORE zoom than I can handle.  I tried it out Sunday afternoon and was super excited about it. 
I would love this picture if it weren't for the blasted hair in her face!!  If anyone has suggestions on how I should handle this hair issue with Kam, let me know!  I can't stand that her hair is not fixed cute in all of our pictures.... I long to see a bow in her hair again someday!!!
The kids were anxious to play some ball.  This picture cracks me up!  Even though it's out of focus, you can tell Kam is striking a pose!  She really should pay more attention to the fact that her brother is swinging a bat REALLY close to her! 
I am loving my new zoom lens and I really, really love this picture of Coop....
Action shot!  We've only been out to play ball a couple of times but it is amazing the difference a year has made on Cooper's ball skills.  He might actually have some!   Last year he could barely hold the bat up straight and I am looking forward to watching him play and see how much he has improved.
Of course, my country boy needed a "potty break" and decided to take it in the front yard facing the road!  I cropped the picture so I wouldn't get arrested but notice the car passing by in the background.  What am I going to do?  Mark thinks it's just as funny as they do!
Speaking of... I don't think I've ever shared this story on here.  In late August, Mom and I took the kids along with JJ to the "Welcome Back to School" picnic at Henderson.  They had a barbecue and tons of inflatables set up for the kids. We were sitting under those huge tailgating tents eating when I heard my mom shout, "Cooper Ryan! Stop that right now!"  I was actually sitting a few people away from them but when I looked down I saw that Cooper had pulled his pants down and preceded to "potty" right there beside the table.  Keep in mind that there were tables full of faculty and staff all around us!!!!!!
 I just looked down at my plate and pretended that I didn't know who they were...isn't that terrible!  What's even funnier is that Coop's former preschool teacher was sitting right across from me and I just looked at her and said, "I don't know who that is, do you?"  


Of course, Mark thought it was hilarious when I told him... I told him he wouldn't think it was that funny if he did it right in front of the president of the bank!!

You know what I'm thinking about this hair.... somebody get it out of her face!
Time for a big wheel ride....I love that he sticks his tongue out all the time when he's doing things like this.
Scooter race...Hopefully, it goes without saying that Kam picked out her own clothes!
The weather was glorious on Sunday and I am loving these 60 plus temps.  I was hesitant at first but I think I am now officially ready for Spring!!!

No comments: