Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Words

On the way home from school yesterday Cooper said, "I love you Mommy because you're the best!"  It melts my heart every time my kids randomly say something out of the blue like that without being prompted.  The conversation went on and he talked about how he loved his Daddy too but he loved him 50 and me 57...so I couldn't wait to tell Mark that Cooper said he loved me more!  Aren't I just awful???  Kam heard us laughing about it and I asked her who she loved more and she said, "I love you both the same!" 
This morning while I was braiding Kam's hair she was holding the ponytail holders and I heard her say that she would protect them (because we keep losing them on the counter in the middle of braiding!).  She was acting like a mommy so I said something about mommy's protecting their kids and she said that her Daddy protected her.  So then I said, "you don't think Mommy protects you as much as Daddy?"  Her reply...."but Mom, Daddy's not afraid of snakes!"  She does have a point there!!

No comments: