Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Burdened....

I had a few funny stories to tell about the kids today but they will have to wait for another day...

Today my heart is so burdened for people around me--mostly people I don't know, but friends of friends, etc.  I would particularly like to ask you to pray for this family.  Holly Norton is a close college friend of my friend Sherri's.  She was just diagnosed with cancer of the liver, colon, and lymph nodes. It is stage 4, I believe, and inoperable.   She has been at MD Anderson this past week and the doctor told them that only a miracle could save her now. 
Holly has two children - a five-year old daughter, Julia, and another child who turned one this week.  My heart is particularly burdened for Julia, who is having a hard time dealing with this.  I've been told that she won't play at recess and goes to the corner and prays.    I simply cannot imagine.... maybe it's because Kamdyn is her age and I know how she would react to news of this sort.... she's been upset missing Mark with him working a lot lately so I honestly cannot even fathom how this mom and dad must feel trying to explain this to a child.  It's almost more than I can even think about....


Please join me in praying for a miracle for Holly (because God is able!) and for peace for these two children who desperately need it right now!  

No comments: