Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finding Mr. Right

*This should have posted on Friday.

It's been a very. long. week.  I was convinced that yesterday was Friday so I feel like today is an extra work day for me!   Mark's been here all week...
No fair, I know!  
I have kicked myself all week long for not going to Vegas with him.  The kids and I have made it fine until this morning when Sybil decided to rear her ugly head again.  We were late to school and I'm pretty sure she stomped off with her arms crossed after she got out of the car.  Ms. Alma, the car greeter, laughed and said, "she really is a good kid!"  I think it's the first time she's ever seen Sybil....

Yesterday while I was trying to fix Kam's hair for school she said, "Mom, what if I can't find anyone to marry me one day?"  Uh...... did she really just ask me that?  I gave the standard "you don't need to worry about that because you're too young and God has someone for you" answer.  Then she said, "what if I'm old?"  


"Kam, I was old when I got married and besides, you can't get married until you finish college.  It's a rule."  

"You mean like when I'm 19 or 20?"

Then she proceeds to tell me that if she can't find anybody she can go on "The Bachelor" to find someone.  "Uh, Kam, that's not real."  

"Yes, it is.  Ashley found JP on the bachelor." 

"But they are not married."

"But they're engaged and that means they are going to get married."



Oh, Lord, please help me!!!  
I've had too many conversations with Kam and others about boys this week.  A grandma came up to me on Wednesday night and said, "you know we're going to be related someday!"  Uh, seriously?  It's fun to joke about it now but I don't even want to think about when she is seriously interested in boys!!  
After all, she's a princess and one day her prince will come!!  Let's just hope that her Daddy and I approve of him!

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

I think this weather change has everyone a little crazy...it's not just Sybil..I mean Kam! LOL! Cute post...and you're right...you should've gone to Vegas!!