Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

After Mark got home from Vegas on Friday afternoon, we headed to the Magnet Cove home opener before going on to Heber Springs for the weekend.  One kid wanted to go to the game and Heber Saturday and the other wanted to go on Friday night.... so we compromised and did both.  Seemed like a good idea at the time but I was extremely tired at 11:00 when we arrived Friday night!  The kids (of course!) got their second wind when they got to Papaw Sonny's and had no desire to go to bed.
On Saturday, we went to Mary Ann's house for a Chastain family get-together.  Kam always has a blast because she gets to swim and play and eat as many of Mary Ann's chocolate chip cookies as she wants (and Mary Ann makes sure there's plenty!).  
The kids had noodle races and as you can see, Cooper tried to figure out how to blow water out the other end of his noodle.  I think he might have finally figured it out; however, riding that noodle like a seahorse rubbed his inner thighs and chaffed him pretty badly.  I've done this before on my arms so I know it's painful.
He was pretty miserable for a while and stripped down nearly naked.  He cried and kept saying, "is it ever going to stop hurting?"  After a diaper rash cream, vaseline, and ice packs (courtesy of Sandy), he finally settled down.
He slept all the way home and didn't even budge when we carried him in and put him to bed.  He woke up early and refreshed the next morning and ready for Papaw to get up so he could play with his iPad.  He could be as addicted to the iPad as he is the Wii if we let him....yet another reason not to buy one!
The kids like to play Texas Hold Em poker on there, which I don't approve of, and Cooper really gets into it.   He whoops and hollers and you would think he actually knew what he was doing!  I keep telling them they better not be teaching my babies to gamble!
The kids didn't want to leave Papaw's and we tried to talk Cooper into staying the week now that Papaw's retired (although I think Papaw Sonny might have changed his mind about the offer after riding one hour in the car with Cooper)We didn't make it 5 miles down the road before Cooper was completely passed out!
On Monday, Kam was in one of her moods where anything and everything Cooper did bothered her....I found this sign on the floor in front of her door.
I'm fairly certain Cooper ignored the sign and I'm sure some sort of fight/brawl ensued at some point.  It was such a beautiful day that I told Mark to take the kids outside and not bring them in all day long! JJ and I then took our happy selves to Hot Springs without kids for a while!  I think we deserved it!!

No comments: