Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kamdyn the Bus Rider

Kamdyn has begged to ride the bus ever since she started kindergarten and we have never let her.  My excuses were that she was too little and we didn't know anyone on the bus to keep an eye on her. She got over it last year but this year; however, she has literally begged to ride because our neighbor started kindergarten and rides the bus.   

On Tuesday morning, she got up early and really begged.  Normally, the bus goes by our house when she is just getting up so, essentially, I was out of excuses and just decided to give in and let her ride.   She even let me fix her hair the way I wanted so she wouldn't be late.  Score one for me!!  Might as well milk it while I can!
I think our neighbor was excited to see Kamdyn run out and join her at the bus stop.  It was cute to watch the girls giggle and talk while they were waiting.  I got tickled because Brian was leaving to get in his car across the street and he figured out she was going to ride so he stood the 3-4 minutes with arms folded until she got on safely.
We really thought she would ride the bus one day and then want to go back to being a car rider.  Not the case at all!  She loved it.   Turns out, they drop the kids off to eat breakfast before they go to the playground.  So Kam eats at home and then goes to school to eat again, although I don't think she's really eating.  They had bagels on her first day and she threw it away.  She said it was free so it didn't matter.  Yeah, right.  Nothing's free these days! 
Today was day three and it's been the same every day.  She wakes up early and first thing she says is "I'm going to ride the bus today."  Aunt Donna still picks her up in the afternoons so that hasn't changed.   Mark is loving this new arrangement.  He saves about 26 extra miles of driving every day and he swears it saves a tank of gas as well.  After Kam leaves, he and Cooper have extra time to sit and watch cartoons so I think everyone is happy.  It's so quiet after she leaves so I think that further confirms that we know where all the morning drama comes from! 

No comments: